#Girlboss

I’ve woken up very hungry this morning. Not for food (okay, food as well) but for success. I’ve always desired to be successful at whatever I do and when it comes to working, I believe I have a strong work ethic.

However lately for around the past 6 months I have been unsettled and unsure of what’s to come. Even now, I have received a bit of news to provide clarity over an area of my life, but that in itself brings forth its own challenges.

I think there are two types of people in the world. Ones who are obsessed with being completely an utterly in control, need to have a plan for every element of their lives and others who seem to have a carpe diem mentality, more of a yolo (you only live once), get up and go, no two days are the same type people. I think 6 months ago I was definitely more like the first type of person, but now due to many different factors I’m gearing more towards being the second type of person.

What I am trying to say is life is too short to be anything less than happy. I don’t want to go to work just for the sake of it. I want to love my job so much so that it doesn’t feel like work, and truthfully I think that will only happen for me when I stop being a type 1 kind of person. I need to take more risks, be more fearless. If you don’t try, you will never know.

I’m in a position at the moment where I may have to leave my current job role due to relocation and I’m thinking this is the perfect time for a fresh start. The type 1 person in me is shit scared worried about breaking my current routine, what I’m used to, stepping out of my comfort zone. But the type 2 person in me is telling me to go for it full throttle. Take this time and opportunity to figure out what I truly love.

No matter what we feel we are afraid to do, sometimes we need to accept challenges and know we are good enough. Believe in yourself and your capabilities. Confidence will come in time and it doesn’t matter what society says you ‘should’ be like. Be you. Because you are the best version of you. Embrace change and welcome opportunities.

Thanks for reading xx

Twitter Instagram Bloglovin

Share:

8 Comments

1. Christine
    18th June 2016 / 9:38 am

Love this post! I definitely hear you on this one..and I’m
    sure you will achieve all you desire! Confidence and faith :))

Christine

2. shannonkara
    18th June 2016 / 9:49 am

3. 11th July 2016 / 9:45 pm

Omg I think this post was made for me! Hopefully I can encourage you a bit as well. I went through the same thing recently. I was working in fashion buying but really not enjoying it. I came to the realisation as well that life is too short to be so unhappy. There has to be another way to use my creativity – one that I find fulfilling and hopefully brings joy to others. I quit my job with no other lined up as I couldn’t bare it anymore (not possible for everyone I know), and I am happier and healthier (and poorer) than ever! But I’ve realised what is important to me in life. Health, happiness and being the best person I can be for myself and those around me. (My poor other half had a miserable fiance for 3 years!) Haha! Now I’m just going with the flow and trusting all will be well. Being a control freak Virgo who has had her life planned out since the age of 10 – it’s not easy, but I’m now loving it! 🙂 I hope your plans work out too.
    I x

• shannonkara
      11th July 2016 / 10:31 pm

Thank you for sharing this! What’s strange is before I was working where I am currently, I used to work in fashion merchandising and left because although I enjoyed it, I felt under appreciated and under valued and so took a leap of faith. The point was I didn’t really know what my future held next but I knew I had to do it for me. I admire your courage and hope all works out for you in the near future! x

• Ida
        11th July 2016 / 10:41 pm

I can’t believe it! Who would have guessed? Same industry! I started out life as a Merch assistant before changing over to buying.

• shannonkara
          14th July 2016 / 5:38 pm

Now that is a little weird! LOL x

4. 21st September 2016 / 1:37 pm

You’ve put my thoughts these last couple months to words. I’ve always been type 1 and trying to get to type 2 is terrifying. It’s wonderful knowing I’m not the only one going through this. Thanks

• shannonkara
      21st September 2016 / 4:07 pm

Thank you for reading. You saying those very words has made me realise that finally maybe I am touching others through my posts. It may not be many and some may not say anything at all but I am glad that I have been able to identify with another blogger experiencing a similar feeling. Go for it girl, what do you have to lose 🙂