BOTM: Can Anybody Help Me?

image

Hey guys, happy  Friday  FriYay! So in one of my recent posts I  said I wanted to read more as a bit of a distraction from the real world if you like. Sometimes we have so much going on in our day to day lives that we need a form of escapism. I decided I wanted to read more, feed my mind and get away from the reality we call life at times. I was speaking with a colleague at work who also wanted to start reading more so we took a walk down to a few of the charity shops near our workplace.

image.jpeg

I managed to pick up 10 books for £7 and considering I was going to purchase one on Amazon for £6 I was pretty pleased with this purchase and I felt better knowing the money was going to charity. Most of the books were in pretty good condition and actually from 50p – £1 you can’t complain!

image imageimage

I’m starting off slowly by challenging myself to reading a book a month (lol don’t judge me) and who knows depending on my free time and how fast I get through one this may increase. I’ve chosen ‘Can Anybody Help Me?’ by Sinéad Rowley for the month of February.

This book is about a woman named Yvonne who joins an online forum because she is a new mum struggling with her baby. Before she realises she has become attached to her online friendships with one lady in particular, who goes missing. Yvonne can’t help but think they’re all in danger..

I haven’t read much of the book as yet but so far it’s interesting especially as I’m new to the blogger community and can relate to how Yvonne feels when making friends online.

Have any of you guys read this book or any that I have picked up? Let me know any other recommendations you may have! Thanks for reading x

image

8 Comments

1. 12th February 2016 / 2:23 pm

Oooh that book looks juicy. Being a mum who has joined these kind of sites this sounds right up my strret. I have read all three of the fifty shades of grey and seen the movie. I do have the gone girl book but opted to watching the movie instead. Happy reading x

• shannonkara
      12th February 2016 / 3:51 pm

Awwww it does indeed, as sad as it sounds this is my Friday night sorted! I’m so late to the 50 Shades of Grey party I hear so many great reviews about Gone Girl, how is the movie? Thanks for reading

2. 13th February 2016 / 10:21 pm

Ooh if Gone Girl is as good as the movie (which I’m sure it will be), that would be a great read! I’m trying to read more as well, but I’ve gone and done a whole Amazon shopping spree – sure it would’ve been much cheaper getting from the charity shops!

Saskia / girlinbrogues.com

• shannonkara
      14th February 2016 / 12:19 pm

I have to get stuck into Gone Girl next almost EVERYONE is excited about it! Yeah definitely checkout the charity shops next time I was amazed at the range they have available at such good luck prices! Let me know any good reads you come across and thanks for reading X

• shannonkara
      15th February 2016 / 9:32 pm

Yes, do it! It’s well worth it you will be surprised what you can get in there 🙂 x

3. 17th February 2016 / 1:06 pm

Charity shops are the best places to buy books!! They all look interesting…I have read Gone Girl and Dreams from my Father… If you like political books would highly recommend The Long Walk to Freedom!

Christine | http://www.yveschild.com

• shannonkara
      17th February 2016 / 1:28 pm

Yes so I have discovered lol! The cost of one book on Amazon for ten in a charity shop! I will definitely have a look at those recommendations. So many people love Gone Girl, it’s making me want to read it now lol! Thanks for reading Hun x